We're delighted to announce the release of Flipidea 2.1.0, which includes feature releases, new updates and issues fixes.
Released on 8 Jan 2021 - by founders, for founders.
- Basic Plan: for USD $67.20 (
original price USD $84) per year, we're offering early adopter promo to our first 500 customers who pay with annual billing, and get your second year free! View monthly pricing
- Funding sources: we're offering free access to 10,000 very early-stage investors, and access to 20,000 early-stage and late-stage investors are available for Basic plan subscribers. Learn more
- Investors' (VCs') portfolio performance analysis: we believe that it's important to know how investors performed with their investment portfolios in order to raise smart money. Learn more
- Data visualisation: our eyes are tired of looking at hundred of thousands of rows of data, so we opt for nice data visualisation to interpret our datasets.
- Online payment gateway: your billing and payment are converted to Brunei dollars (BND) because we're based in Brunei Darussalam, and our Baiduri Bank online payment gateway is powered by Mastercard.
- Billing overview: every successful transactions are recorded.
- Secondary login (to access new environment): for your better experience, our new features are built in a new environment which require a secondary login for security reasons; by the way, we're considering to build Flipidea 3.0 on it, let us know what you think.
- Guided tours (for new features): it's always nice to have a tour guide showing us around at new and unexplored places.
- Database (441 inactive companies; for subscription customers): we added 441 companies to our Hive.db (total: 1,000 inactive companies) but only 513 inactive companies are offered in free plan; subscribe to Basic plan and access 1,000 inactive companies.
- Data merge (124,000 investors & 30,000 companies): after data cleansing, we merged them for viewing and analytics.
- Database updates and maintenance: our data had grown over the year, so we needed to upkeep our database systems.
- Pricing page: as we release more features, we'll unveil more.
- Descriptive analysis (1,000 inactive companies): we updated our descriptive stats and will soon be publishing our new report.
- Dashboard: we're improving our dashboard as we make progress.
- Multi-tier access (paid features are locked): to safeguard our subscribers' interests and value for money, access is restricted.
- Referral programme (How did you hear about us?): we're rewarding you with $10 credit for every successful and verified referrals.
- Web security: as our tech advances, we needed to beef up our security.
- Information update (about us, solutions): as we grow, so does our value proposition.
- Login prompts for exposed URLs: we learned that some of our URL links were exposed, so we had to cover them up.
- UI/UX and bugs fixes: we made sure that our new features look nice for you and that you'll have a great user experience.
Issues and errors
- For paid subscribers: currently, you need to log out and log in again after you'd successfully made your payment, so that the system will upgrade your account in order to access the premium features; sorry for the inconvenience, we'll fix this by the end of the month.
- Advanced search (city, state): due to the covid-19 pandemic, our cities and states remain locked down as it's too dangerous to travel now while we practice physical distancing by staying at home.
- Filter buttons (city, state): since we're all staying at home, we can't explore and visit other cities and states.
- Important notice: due to our security systems upgrade, all existing users will need to reset your passwords in order to log in.
- For VCs' Portfolio Performance Analysis, if your queries return no data, there will be no change or response to the charts.
- After 3 months, we'd worked hard and learned fast to build and release our premium features with new tech and environment.
- We sincerely apologise for the delay as we had numerous issues with our third-party payment gateway, which affected some of our work.
- As a result, we could not complete the remaining features on the funding sources' tables, and failed investment portfolios table.
- Currently, our third-party payment gateway could not automatically convert foreign currency in real-time, so we'd temporarily fixed the currency exchange rate at USD $1 = BND $1.3 and charge you with additional USD $0.50 discount for both billing cycles.
- Annual billing (USD $67.20/BND $87.36):
- BND $86.71 (USD $66.70)
- Monthly billing (USD $7/BND $9.10):
- BND $8.45 (USD $6.50)
- A reminder, you can earn rewards credits by referring your friends/colleagues to join us, and/or for reporting faulty data to us.
- Kindly note that our rewards system is recording your successful referrals even though we haven't yet display your earned credits, but we'll work on it when our tech team returns to office.
- We'll continue to improve and build our solutions once our tech team is back from their break at the end of the month.
- If you wish to contribute data or claim a company/profile, let us know.
- Flipidea is proudly built by 3 Full Stack Developers, 1 AI Assistant Researcher, 2 Business Research Analysts, 1 AI Researcher (part-time), and 1 Does-Everything-Guy.
- Oh, by the way, you'll discover some easter eggs if you pay attention.
"Teamwork begins by building trust. And the only way to do that is to overcome our need for invulnerability." (Patrick Lencioni)
Return to Release notes.
Last edited on 5 February 2021.