We're delighted to announce the release of Flipidea 2.0.8, which includes feature releases, and new updates.
Released on 20 February 2020.
- Database tier (registered/non-registered users): we built our database tier to limit non-registered users' access to only 500 inactive companies, and only registered users will have access to 5,000 inactive companies.
- Database (show/hide): we now can control which companies to be shown or hidden from our collections in our databases.
- Database (157 inactive companies; shown): we added 157 inactive companies (shown) to our live.database (previously, 192 inactive companies), and currently a total of 349 inactive companies are published on our site.
- Database (1,577 inactive companies; hidden): we also added 1,577 inactive companies (hidden) to our live.database (in total of 1,926 inactive companies) for our competitive analysis and idea validation.
- Categorical listing (database): we organised our datasets in categorical listings for the ease of viewing and browsing, but will only be implemented on the front-end in our next update.
- Pagination: we rebuilt our pagination to enable a faster and smoother browsing experience.
- Database (inactive/active condition): we implemented the inactive/active condition to all of the companies within our databases.
- Information update (Data-as-a-Service): we updated our generic information to clarify that Flipidea is a 'Data-as-a-Service platform offering analytical information about business failures'.
- Idea checker button (top navigation bar): we changed the name of our failure rate calculator with 'idea checker' for better user adoption.
- Idea checker (instructional texts): we clarified our instructional texts on our idea checker to better guide our users.
- Got an intuitive business idea (call-for-action): we changed the call-for-action message from predict its failure rate to 'validate your idea'.
- Date format: we standardised our date format in order to automate the calculation of each companies' lifespan (duration of operation).
- Products (menu and footer): we unveiled the products (info only) that will be offered, which we are still in development (coming soon).
- Solutions (menu and footer): we unveiled the solutions (info only) that will be offered, and connected our former ML Database page with 'Post-mortem Analysis' page and Failure Rate Calculator page with 'Idea Validation' page.
- Disclaimer (footer): we updated our information to reflect that Flipidea is a DaaS platform.
Issues and errors
- Search: due to our new pagination, our search feature is not completely configured and is currently deactivated.
- Idea checker: due to our new pagination and increase of companies data, our idea checker is currently under maintenance for a better and faster computational experience.
- Filter buttons (reasons for failure, industry,categories, city, state, country): due to our new pagination, our filter functions are currently not available because they have not been configured.
- Date format (duration): the date format are not entirely uniformed, and so the automated calculation of the companies' lifespan could not be computed.
- we sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused from our issues and errors due to the incomplete builds and configuration, new addition of data, and our careless data management.
- we are working to resolve these pending issues which we will update our fixes as fast as we can over the coming days.
Return to Release notes.
Last edited on 22 February 2020.