We're delighted to announce the release of Flipidea 2.0.10, which includes feature releases, new updates, and issues fixes.
Released on 20 March 2020.
- Categorical listing (front-end): we implemented the categorical listing - latest shutdowns, controversial, crypto startups, and all shutdowns - to organise our inactive companies for ease of browsing.
- Database (48 inactive companies; hidden): we added 48 inactive companies (hidden) to our live.database (previously, 352 inactive companies); currently, our site is showing 360 inactive companies, and the remaining 40 inactive companies (shall total to 400 inactive companies) will be shown next week once we completed our final verification.
- Disabled right click: we disabled the 'right click' (mouse) to discourage users from saving (as HTML) or printing (as PDF) or copying our companies' data because we encourage our users to download our datasets via our freemium 'data download' feature.
- Icons replacement: in order to provide better clarity, we replaced the icons of the following features: social share (arrow-share), number of views (eyeglass), and external link (on reasons for failure).
- Social share: we implemented our social share so that users can share companies' detail information via LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, Whatsapp, Email, or by copying-&-pasting the URL link.
- Advanced search: we changed our advanced search's URL from "https://www.flipidea.co/filtered-companies" to "https://www.flipidea.co/advanced-search"
- Filter buttons (country, industry, categories): we fixed the filter buttons (company cards) so that users can do quick filters by clicking the buttons to sort the companies accordingly.
Issues and errors
- Search: our basic search is still not fixed and remains unavailable.
- Filter buttons (city, state, reasons for failure): we were not able to complete fixing these buttons and are currently unavailable.
- Our industry and categories buttons can only be filtered separately.
- Meaning to say, if you're filtering the companies by clicking on the 'industry' button, and you're not able to continue filtering by clicking on the 'category' buttons.
- In order to filter the categories, you'd need to return to previous page and click on the 'category' buttons, and you're also not able to continue further filter the companies as you desire.
Return to Release notes.
Last edited on 7 April 2020.